Sunday, October 9, 2011

Hour Four: Autopost

This song came out when I was 14 or 15.  I still know every word.  It reminds me how important the past is in shaping who I am today.

Something funny: Embedding is disabled, but this is worth it.

The Music:


A quote that Inspires Steph: "I'm not going to be one of those people who sits around talking about what they're gonna do. I'm just going to do it. Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia."
-Alaska Young in Looking for Alaska by John Green


The Question: How has your past shaped your writing?



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THAT SONG!!!

    I was a junior in high school when it came out! I remember jamming out to it in my first car! That would put me around 17 I think.

    And I think that when I become a writer, the majority of my novels will be almost entirely autobiographical because my past definitely influences what I want to write. I don't think I could write any other way. Maybe I just don't have a good enough imagination :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'v got songs like that. I remember what song I was listening to when I crashed my first car. haha. Music is how I remember my life. :)

    I totally agree! Everything I write explores themes drawn from my past even if it isn't directly taken from my experience. That is my favorite part of writing, being able to explore the truth of being alive. :)

    ReplyDelete